Billiards is not a game with much boom in some other countries, especially when compared to the United States, but playing with friends or family at home or in a bar is always fun. However, has not it happened to you that sometimes you do not want to play because others know more than you and do not want to seem clumsy and lose? Well here you can find a few basic pool tricks that will make you improve :
- First of all, make sure that both the table and the balls are clean. For the table, it will be necessary to use a brush, while for the balls, a wet cloth will suffice, although sometimes it is necessary to give them a little wax.
- When choosing taco, look at the cap (the tip). It should not be too flat or too bulky. And when you’re going to chalk it, do not make circular movements, but horizontal, as if scraping the cap. This way you will be able to distribute the chalk evenly.
- When executing the blow, keep in mind that the trajectory of the white ball will be influenced by the point of the ball in which you hit it, by the direction in which you have the cue and by the force of the blow.
- To get a good body posture, position yourself so that the right foot (if you are right-handed) is aligned with the white ball and the target ball. Turn the body and foot 45 or to the right. Place the left leg forward and the right leg back to balance. Both the legs and the left arm should be fully extended. Now hit the ball with a little push of the right shoulder. The important thing is to be comfortable and allow a good balance.
- There are different ways of placing the hand. To make the classic or ring bridge, place the base of the hand and the middle, ring and pinky fingers to support yourself, and with the index finger and thumb form a ring with which to control the cue. To make the bridge open or without a ring, it is the same but without forming the ring and it is more recommendable for soft and without effect rolls.
- The cue must be parallel to the table to hit, moving the arm from the elbow and not from the shoulder. The tendency for beginners is to point with the cue down and hit from the shoulder, which causes the ball to jump.
When hitting the ball, it is usual to stop the cue dry. But this is not correct, the cue must follow its path about 15cm. plus.
- An uncomfortable situation is when the white ball stays stuck to the band of the table, preventing hit it well. In these cases, try to place the cue as horizontally as possible and hit without giving effect.
- To finish, the best trick of all is to practice, practice and practice.
The best pool tricks to surprise
Playing pool can be difficult, especially if we are learning, but if what you want is to perform amazing pool tricks, what you will see here overcomes the difficult term to position itself as practically impossible to perform. I’m included in the group of those who can not play, but I hope you like it as much as I do watch this video about Steve Markle, an artist in billiard tricks :
Surely, now you are thinking: Buah! I can never do such good tricks. The question is to try it, repeat it and practice it until you reach your goals. For that reason, and so that you do not get discouraged.
start practicing and that someday you too become great artists of this game. Do you know more billiard tricks?